Sunday, September 21, 2014

Birthday Celebrations in Houston

I flew down to Houston this past weekend to help celebrate my best friend, Pauline's birthday. Pauline and I have been friends since the 11th grade and have celebrated the past 14 birthday together.  We seen each other through so many of life's victories and heartaches.


Over the past 3 years, I've gotten to know Pauline's group of girlfriends and have been fortunate enough to be adopted by this amazing circle of ladies. 


We went to an amazing Mexican Seafood restaurant called Caracol. The food was delicious and the service was outstanding!  Our waiter, Andres, was very attentive to my dietary restrictions due to my current state (no ceviche, tuna, sea bass or cocktails- you know, only some of my favorite things... No big deal 😕)

We had fun spreading glittery stars and silver confetti all over the table and ourselves. If you know this group of girls, you know this is a normal activity. 

After dinner, the girls started passing out presents. I thought they were just for Pauline but I was surprised to find out that thy had all gotten me gifts as well. I felt so loved and had to fight back the tears as I read their sweet birthday wishes and opened their beautiful thoughtful gifts. Then came out the cakes and we all somehow managed to find room for a slice of each!



The weekend flew by and leaving gets harder and harder. I miss my friends very much when we are all apart but look forward to getting together again very soon!!


No comments:

Post a Comment