Thursday, October 23, 2014

Babymoonin' in Jamaica, Mon!

We decided that we should take one last vacation before the babies join us.  These trips have been dubbed "Babymoons" by Marketing Geniuses.  They similar to honeymoons in that a couple plans on spending some alone time, enjoying each other's company.

We chose Jamaica as our destination and with my doctor's blessing, hoped on a flight (mask on!) and made our way our tropical island getaway.


With Ebola making it's way around the world, I wasn't about to take any chances!


Our first night at our hotel, The Spa Resort, was magical.  
It was perched right on the edge of these beautiful cliffs in Negril.


It was really nice to be able to reconnect with each other, away from all our responsibilities. 


The next day, we headed off to check out the amazing beaches.  
The sand was so fine and soft and the water was so warm and clear!


I wasn't sure how I was going to feel in a bikini so I packed a one-piece I bought at Target while in Houston a few weeks back.  I surprised myself by not only rocking the 2 piece but also decorating my belly with some metallic temporary tattoos (thanks, April!)



We made some new friends while in Jamaica.  This is Roza.  Does she look familiar?  Well, she should!  She's part Ridgeback, part German Shepard.  Just like Sirius!  We love how the universe puts what means the most to us around us all the time.



As many of you know, we're really active and on vacation, we usually pack each day with excursion after excursion after excursion.  However, since I have the twins onboard, I wasn't allowed to:
Scuba dive, horseback ride, paddle board, sail, hike waterfalls or even take a river boat tour.  I was allowed to: Eat, Sleep, Shop and Snorkel   Fine.  We really did have such a nice, relaxing time.  


We were on a hunt for live reggae music.  Sometime that seemed to elude us the whole time we were there!  Who would've thought!!!


After a few days, we were practically Jamaican.  Yah, Mon!  
Or Yes, mon! if you want to be proper about it!


Another friend that didn't fair as well as Roza.

No comments:

Post a Comment