Friday, October 3, 2014

Lunch with my Boyfriend/Girlfriend


Life has a wonderful way of bringing incredible people into your life.  Time has a funny way of then splitting you apart.

My dear friends Mike and Jenna are shinning examples of this paradox.  I met Mike in 2006 through a mutual friend in Miami.  Mike was down for Spring Break and we were all hanging out in a big group going to dinners and clubs in South Beach.  As we chatted, we discovered we were both moving to New York City later that summer.  Mike was starting his Orthopedic Residency and I was headed to nursing school.   So a few months later, we met up in the city and Mike introduced me to his beautiful new wife who would become one of my closet friends.  We spent the next few years, pal'ing around the city together.  They never made me feel like a third wheel and I came to affectionately refer to them as my boyfriend/girlfriend.

Manhattan circa 2008

Jenna and I in Guatemala circa 2008

Sadly, our run came to end at the same time Mike finished his residency.  The Halls (plus their new baby boy, Dylan) packed up and headed out West to sunny Los Angeles.  We've seen each other through the years.  Mike and Jenna traveled down to the Bahamas for my wedding, and flew to California to meet their new baby, Mila.  While not as frequent, the time we spent together was just as fun!

Thankfully, due to social obligations in form of a wedding, Mike and Jenna were back in the city this weekend.  We met up at Hillstone's Midtown and laughed a couple of hours away.  It was great reminiscing over old times and planning the months to come.  I can't wait for my babies to meet their Uncle Mike and Auntie Jenna!


No comments:

Post a Comment